This offer obtains the public subsidy of the “Investigo Programme” within the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan; funded by the European Union NextGenerationEU through the Ministry of Labour and Social Economy.
The Institute of Robotics for Dependency is looking for a person interested in contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of dependent people through research in the field of behavioural sciences and the application of the results to the generation of innovative products. In particular, the person should be interested in the application of technology to support people’s autonomy and mitigate the effects of ageing and intellectual and developmental disabilities, and in the functioning of support systems and social assistance to these people.
The person will join the team of the Institute of Robotics for Dependency, participating in research and development projects and projects for the implementation of our products and solutions. In R&D projects, he/she will contribute to the development of instruments for the continuous and automated assessment of aspects such as quality of life or loneliness in dependent people at risk of exclusion or social isolation, as well as to the evaluation of the impact of innovations on people. In implementation projects, you will collaborate with the IRD’s commercial and engineering team and with the people and organisations using our solutions in the process of deploying them to ensure their success.
- Training in the field of behavioural sciences in general, and in particular in the knowledge areas of personality, psychological assessment and treatments and behavioural science methodology.
- Ability to design, plan and apply scientific research to solve a research problem.
- Ability to use data collection and recording techniques according to the research profile.
- Ability to use the different data processing techniques.
- Ability to critically interpret scientific research.
- Knowledge of general psychological scales (quality of life, Barthel test, loneliness, etc.).
- The strategic lines of greatest interest to the institution for the main line of research are:
- Adaptation of official assessment scales (quality of life, depression, loneliness, suicide risk…) to self-reported questionnaires that generate a risk alert that activates a review by professionals with the official assessment scale.
- Application of machine learning to improve the initial calculation formula based on the answers to the questionnaires and to add other sources of information, such as sensors in the home.
This offer obtains the public subsidy of the “Programa Investigo” with File number: 2022-C23.I01.P03.S0020-0000043 within the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan; funded by the European Union NextGenerationEU through the State Public Employment Service (SEPE), an autonomous body attached to the Ministry of Labour and Social Economy of the Government of Spain.
If you are interested in this offer, please click here.